This page contains affiliate links. (But don’t worry — we never endorse products that we don’t like.)
- Maximum Reptile — Beautifully constructed, front-opening PVC enclosures with a lifetime guarantee. Suitable for both snakes and lizards.
- Custom Reptile Habitats— Zoo-quality, gorgeous enclosure decor kits, reptile-safe artificial plants, creative ornaments and more. They practically do the work for you!
- Animal Plastics — Durable PVC enclosures primarily for snakes, but can work for some lizards as well. Offers customization options.
- Kages Custom Reptile Enclosures — Attractive black PVC enclosures available in the widest range of sizes I’ve seen from any reptile enclosure manufacturer. Reasonably priced, too!
- Next Level Enclosures — Custom-built, pre-decorated enclosures shipped from Forked River, New Jersey. Pricing depends on size and amount of decor, although they average between $599-$899. Great product for people who don’t have the time/know-how to build their own enriched enclosures.
- Universal Rocks — Beautifully naturalistic foam backgrounds and enclosure decor. If you hate building your own enclosure decor but still want a gorgeous enclosure, these are the people for you!
- Zen Habitats — Low cost and so easy to put together, a small child could probably do it. Be aware that their production runs in batches rather than ready-to-ship-as-soon-as-you-check-out, so order at least a month in advance of when you will need the enclosure.
- The BioDude — Bioactive-ready substrate mixtures that don’t even need a drainage layer. The BioDude offers 4 different mixtures customized for different climates. You can buy it in 6 quart bags for smaller enclosures or larger 36 quart bags for larger enclosures.
- Josh’s Frogs ABG Mix — Substrate mixture developed by the Atlanta Botanical Gardens to help tropical plants thrive. Excellent for use in tropical and semi-tropical terrariums as a bioactive substrate. CUC (clean up crew) not included.
- Bioactive Herps — UK-based manufacturer of bioactive-ready substrate mixtures. Bioactive Herps also offers 4 different mixtures to cater to the 4 primary climate types for reptiles in captivity. Each bag is 10 liters. Does not ship to the US.
- Lugarti Natural Reptile Bedding — Impaction-resistant tropical substrate. Excellent for small and/or arboreal tropical species like geckos and ball pythons.
- Dr. Hemp All-Natural Pet Bedding — Eco-friendly, ultra-absorbent alternative to aspen shavings. Ideal for medium- to low-humidity snakes.
- Arcadia T5 HO fluorescent tubes — Widely considered to be the best on the market. Lasts 12 months. A little rare in the US and Canada, but readily available in the UK.
- Zoo Med ReptiSun 10.0 T5 HO UVB fluorescent tubes — Also available in 2.0 and 5.0 strength. Affordable and good quality. Lasts 12 months.
- Solarmeter Model 6.5 —Determines how much UVB your reptile is getting, and exactly when the bulb needs to be replaced. A must-have tool for any serious reptile keeper.
Heating & Temperature Regulation
- Zoo Med Repti Basking Spot — produces UVA as well as heat to encourage basking
- Exo Terra Intense Basking Spot — produces UVA, comes with handy chart to determine appropriate basking distance
- Arcadia Deep Heat Projector — better alternative to ceramic heat emitters
- Uniheat Shipping Warmers — reliable emergency heat source that doesn’t get too hot
- Exo Terra Pressure Sprayer
- MistKing Starter misting system
- Exo Terra Monsoon Solo or Multi misting system
- Pro Mist microfine misting system
- Zilla Mounting Spring Clip — Keeps heating lamps in place, even if you have a cat!
- Udderly Smooth moisturizing cream — Great for scaleless reptiles like silkie bearded dragons.
- Lizard Lounger hammock — I have yet to meet a bearded dragon who doesn’t like hammocks, and other lizard species seem to enjoy them, too. I like this particular hammock because of its natural appearance and durability that has lasted years. NOTE: Reptile hammocks should not be used as a basking area.
- Pampered Beardies — Sarah makes adorable bearded dragon costumes to fund her rescue efforts. Visit her Etsy store for instant delight.