For your convenience, ReptiFiles has put together a shopping list of all the leaf-tailed gecko supplies you will need. Print it out or bookmark this page for a quick reference while you shop!
Click the link for each item to see which specific products we recommend. And just so you know, this page does contain some affiliate links, but using them won’t cost you a penny extra.
- appropriately-sized enclosure (given sizes are minimums)
- cork tubes
- live plants
- UVB bulb
- UVB light fixture
- 25-40w heat bulb
- 5.5″ heat lamp with ceramic socket
- Power strip with programmable digital timer
- 2L pressure sprayer
- calcium powder without vitamin D3
- multivitamin powder
- digital thermometer/hygrometer
- temperature gun
- Live insects, appropriately sized
Approximate cost before buying the gecko or food: $302-475 USD
Everything should be purchased and set up BEFORE you get your leaf-tailed gecko! This will save you a lot of stress, and does your new pet a big favor, too.
We also recommend finding an experienced reptile veterinarian in your area. It’s always better to do a little bit of research when nothing’s wrong than to find yourself in a panic when your pet gets sick. Start here: Finding the Reptile Vet of Your Dreams.
Leaf-Tailed Gecko Care:
- Introduction to Leaf-Tailed Geckos
- Leaf-tailed Gecko Shopping List (YOU ARE HERE)
- Uroplatus Species
- Terrarium Size Requirements
- Substrate Options
- Temperatures & UVB
- Humidity Requirements
- How to Decorate a Leaf-Tailed Gecko Terrarium
- What to Feed Your Leaf-Tailed Gecko
- Handling Tips & Body Language Info
- Common Diseases & Other Health Questions
- Additional Resources