- Gatorland — Crocodilian-themed park featuring alligators and crocodiles of all sizes, including a collection of leucistic specimens. They also feature a free-flight aviary, petting zoo, animal shows, a zip line and an off-road adventure ride. Open every day, tickets can be purchased online.
- Wildlife Discovery Center — Living natural history museum located in Lake Forest. Open to the public Tuesday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. They have conservation programs in progress for several reptile species, including the Eastern Diamondback rattlesnake and Siamese crocodile. They also accept donations of basic supplies like Dawn dish soap, hand sanitizer, and paper towels.
- Kentucky Reptile Zoo — A 501(c)3 non-profit organization dedicated to reptiles, located in Slade. They provide venom for medical research and antivenom production, offer reptile exhibits and outreach for the public, and work with educators, researchers, and law enforcement to support the conservation and study of reptiles.
- East Tennessee Herpetology — Offers public and private guided herping tours. Private tours are recommended for people who have a specific animal in mind that they really want to find.
- Loveland Living Planet Aquarium — Located in Draper. Hosts a variety of rare fish, amphibians, reptiles, birds, and mammals. This isn’t just some place where you see the same herps that you can find at a reptile expo; it’s actually a unique experience and a joy to visit for any reptile lover. Plus you can get vivarium inspiration from their beautiful enclosures.
- Scales and Tails Utah — Located in West Valley City. They are open to the public Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Saturday, and offer educational bird and reptile shows for local events, including birthday parties!
- Wasatch Reptile Expo — Large reptile, amphibian, and invertebrate show located in Salt Lake City, occurs 2x/year. Show dates available on site.
- MToxins Venom Lab — Located in Oshkosh. Now booking private tours including live venom extractions and educational presentations! New facility will open to the public in May 2020.
- Crocs R Us — Located in Bristol. They offer venomous snake tours inside their facility and opportunities to swim with alligators and crocodiles. They also offer venomous snake training, crocodile training, and an educational course on general reptile care.
- Reptile House @ the ZSL London Zoo — Located in London. This legendary herpetocultural destination is featured in the movie, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone, but that’s not the only reason to visit. Boasting a massive collection and incredible enclosures based on the animals’ natural habitat, it’s one of the best reptile destinations in Europe.
- Ciliwung Herpetarium — A nonprofit education facility for reptile and amphibian conservation education. Admission is free.
Don’t see your public reptile facility on this list? Contact us at email@example.com and we’ll be happy to add you!