Der LeopardGecko — Germany has some of the best reptile care standards in the world. This source was created by a German leopard gecko breeder to educate keepers on the ins and outs of proper leopard gecko care. If you’re reading it in English the translation is a little rough, but it’s still very much worth reading.
Leopard Gecko – Advanced Husbandry (Facebook) — Finally, a leopard gecko group with sense! LGAH promotes modern leopard gecko care practices and is quick to correct those with outdated mindsets. Offer frank but friendly advice, and the files are great. UV lighting, overhead heat sources, naturalistic substrates, and larger enclosures are key tenets of this group’s approach.
The Bioactive Leopard Gecko (Facebook) — Group devoted to the specifics of setting up and maintaining leopard geckos in bioactive enclosures.
- Antipredatory Reaction of the Leopard Gecko Eublepharis macularius to Snake Predators — Landová, E., Musilová, V., Polák, J., Sedláčková, K., & Frynta, D. (2016). Current zoology, 62(5), 439–450. doi:10.1093/cz/zow050
- Behavioral Thermoregulation Increases Growth Rate in a Nocturnal Lizard — Kellar Autumn and Dale F. De Nardo. Published in the Journal of Herpetology, Vol. 29, No. 2 (Jun., 1995), pp. 157-162.
- Evaluating the Physiologic Effects of Short Duration Ultraviolet B Radiation Exposure in Leopard Geckos (Eublepharis macularius) — By Amelia Gould, DVM; Laure Molitor, MS, DVM; Kelly Rockwell, MZ, DVM; Megan Watson, DVM, MS; Mark A. Mitchell, DVM, MS, PhD, DECZM. Published in The Journal of Herpetological Medicine and Surgery, Volume 28, No. 1–2, 2018 pp. 34–39.
- First Records of the Common Leopard Gecko, Eublepharis macularius (Blyth 1854) (Eublepharidae) in Nepal — By Yam Bahadur Rawat, Kul Bahadur Thapa, Santosh Bhattarai, and Karan Bahadur Shah. Published in IRCF Reptiles & Amphibians 26(1) (2019): 58-61.
- Investigations of Pheromonal Discrimination Between Conspecific Individuals by Male and Female Leopard Geckos (Eublepharis macularius) — By Laura J. Steele and William E. Cooper Jr. Published in Herpetologica (1997): 475-484.
- Male Leopard Geckos (Eublepharis macularius) Can Discriminate Between Two Familiar Females — By Lara D. LaDage and Michael H. Ferkin. Published in Behavior 143.8 (2006): 1033-1049.
- Natural History and Biology of Hobbyist Choice Leopard Gecko Eublepharis macularius — By Muhammad Sharif Khan. Published 2009.
- Social Experience Affects Territorial and Reproductive Behaviors in Male Leopard Geckos, Eublepharis macularius — By Jon T. Sakata et al. Published in Animal Behaviour 63.3 (2002): 487-493.
- The Nocturnal Leopard Gecko (Eublepharis macularius) Uses UVB Radiation for Vitamin D3 Synthesis — By D.G.A.B. Oonincx et al. Published in Comparative Biochemistry and Physiology Part B: Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, available online 17 September 2020.
Leopard Gecko Care:
- Introduction to Leopard Geckos
- Shopping List
- Terrarium Size and Cohabitation
- Lighting, Temperature & Humidity Needs
- Substrate (Bedding) Options
- Decorating Your Leopard Gecko’s Enclosure
- What to Feed Your Leopard Gecko
- Handling Tips & Leopard Gecko Body Language
- Common Diseases, Illnesses & Other Health Questions
- Additional Resources (YOU ARE HERE)