For your convenience, ReptiFiles has put together a shopping list of all the leaf-tailed gecko supplies you will need. Print it out or bookmark this page for a quick reference while you shop!
Click the link for each item to see which specific products we recommend. This page contains affiliate links.
- appropriately-sized enclosure (given sizes are minimums)
- cork tubes
- live plants
- UVB bulb
- UVB light fixture
- 25-40w heat bulb
- 5.5″ heat lamp with ceramic socket
- Power strip with programmable digital timer
- 2L pressure sprayer
- calcium powder without vitamin D3
- multivitamin powder
- digital thermometer/hygrometer
- temperature gun
- Live insects, appropriately sized
Approximate cost before buying the gecko or food: $302-475 USD
Everything should be purchased and set up BEFORE you get your leaf-tailed gecko! This will save you a lot of stress, and does your new pet a big favor, too.
We also recommend finding an experienced reptile veterinarian in your area. It’s always better to do a little bit of research when nothing’s wrong than to find yourself in a panic when your pet gets sick. Start here: Finding the Reptile Vet of Your Dreams.
Leaf-Tailed Gecko Care:
- Introduction to Leaf-Tailed Geckos
- Leaf-tailed Gecko Shopping List (YOU ARE HERE)
- Uroplatus Species
- Terrarium Size Requirements
- Substrate Options
- Temperatures & UVB
- Humidity Requirements
- How to Decorate a Leaf-Tailed Gecko Terrarium
- What to Feed Your Leaf-Tailed Gecko
- Handling Tips & Body Language Info
- Common Diseases & Other Health Questions
- Additional Resources