For your convenience, we have put together a list of supplies that ReptiFiles personally recommends for the health of your new pet Dumeril’s boa, as well as your own peace of mind. In other words, we did the shopping for you! ? Just pick one option from or click the link for every category.
Click the link for each item to see which specific products we recommend. This page contains affiliate links.
- 48″x24″x24″ Front-Opening PVC Enclosure
- High-wattage halogen flood heat bulb
- Dimmable heat lamp with ceramic socket
- Flat basking rock
- Paver stone
- Stone tile
- Infrared temperature gun
- T5 HO forest UVB bulb
- T5 HO UVB light fixture with reflector (may include UVB bulb)
- Power strip with programmable digital timer
- Pressure sprayer
- Digital probe thermometer/hygrometer
- Large water bowl
- Hides/caves (x2) (small enough to provide a tight fit when coiled)
- Sphagnum moss
- Enrichment items: leaf litter, thick branches, cork logs, etc.
- Appropriately sized frozen rats or Reptilinks
- Feeding tongs
- Digital postal or pet scale
- Plastic tub (for weighing)
Approximate cost before prey or Dumeril’s boa purchase: $470 – $645 USD
Keep in mind that everything should be purchased and set up BEFORE you get the snake. This will save you a lot of stress, and does your new pet a big favor, too.
We also recommend finding an ARAV-certified reptile veterinarian in your area. It’s always better to do a little bit of research when nothing’s wrong than to find yourself in a panic when your pet gets sick. Start here: Finding the Reptile Vet of Your Dreams.