ReptiFiles’ Bearded Dragon Starter KitFor your convenience, we have put together a list of the bearded dragon supplies that ReptiFiles personally recommends for the health of your new pet, as well as your own peace of mind. In other words, we’ve basically done the shopping for you! ? Although bearded dragons are commonly recommended as an ideal “first pet,” please note that even the easiest reptiles can be expensive and high-maintenance to keep. If you are not prepared to purchase everything required for the health and wellbeing of a bearded dragon, this is not the pet for you. Click the link for each item below to see which specific products we recommend.
- Front-opening 48″x24″x24″ enclosure
- Heat bulb
- 8.5″ dimmable heat lamp
- Infrared temperature gun
- Digital probe thermometer
- 18″ piece of flagstone, slate, or other flat stone (basking surface)*
- 22-24″ T5 HO Desert UVB lamp
- Programmable power strip with digital timer
- Naturalistic substrate
- Woven reptile hammock
- Environmental enrichment: climbing branches, cork logs, rocks, etc.
- Food and water dishes
- Calcium supplement
- Multivitamin supplement
- Silicone-tipped feeding tweezers
- Feeder insects
- Kitchen scale
Downloadable Shopping ListsDo you prefer to have a physical shopping list in hand as you peruse your favorite independently-owned pet shop? We like shopping lists too, so we made one that you can either pull up on your phone or print out:
- Introduction to Bearded Dragons
- Bearded Dragon Shopping List ← YOU ARE HERE
- Terrarium Size & Cohabitation
- Heating & Lighting Requirements
- Substrate Options
- Enclosure Decor & Environmental Enrichment
- What Do Bearded Dragons Eat?
- Handling Tips
- Common Diseases and Other Health Info
- Additional Resources
This page contains affiliate links.